Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Inquisitors Techy Support Office

Post by inquisitor_uk »

........... I'm just moving in, setting up my office in the corner, choosing my wall paper.... will be ready for your "issues" tomorrow...
Fatso
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fatso »

lol
hi Mr inquisitor_uk :mrgreen:
MANNEKEPIS
Good Poster
Good Poster

Post by MANNEKEPIS »

:?: :?: :?: YES, I HAVE ONE. ONCE IN A WHILE A PIC POPS UP IN A DIFFERENT FORMAT, SUCH AS BMP., ETC. THE ONES FROM BRASIL HAD THAT IRRITANT. HOW CAN I CONVERT THAT TO JPEG? :?: :?: :?:
Fatso
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fatso »

photoshop would do it so would paint i think

oh and MANNEKEPIS there is no need to shout with every post :-)
Last edited by Fatso on Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pantymad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Pantymad »

MANNEKEPIS wrote::?: :?: :?: YES, I HAVE ONE. ONCE IN A WHILE A PIC POPS UP IN A DIFFERENT FORMAT, SUCH AS BMP., ETC. THE ONES FROM BRASIL HAD THAT IRRITANT. HOW CAN I CONVERT THAT TO JPEG? :?: :?: :?:
Most any graphics veiwer app you care to think of will convert......ie save as jpeg or whatever.
What app do you use to veiw images offline?

Here is a decent free one if ya want it :- http://www.irfanview.com/

BTW. Have you got a problem with your keyboard? [Caps Lock] To be more precise! :P

Oh yer sry inquisitor_uk........I think I just jacked ur help thread b4 you got a chance to..........well do ur stuff! :oops: :P :)

**EDIT** Damn it Fatso...........lol you posted b4 me. Haha I must of taken longer to type than I thought! Oh well nm :D
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

lol cant help it if the questions are posted from people outside my timezone... lol.... I was asleep when all this went on... :o)
watchr12
Fatso's Moderator
Fatso's Moderator

Post by watchr12 »

I've noticed this problem at MSN, and have found that it often seems to be a problem with their server, since when I come back later on, it's fixed.

Also, ACDSee has a Convert feature, which will convert between .bmp, .jpg, and .gif.
wetgirl_351

Post by wetgirl_351 »

[quote="MANNEKEPIS ONCE IN A WHILE A PIC POPS UP IN A DIFFERENT FORMAT, SUCH AS BMP., ETC. [/quote]

If this happening when you right click on a image then choose save as you only have the option of .bmp. :( If this happens clear your Internet Explorer cache then refresh the page then your back to jpg or bmp if you so wish.
MANNEKEPIS
Good Poster
Good Poster

Post by MANNEKEPIS »

:oops: Didn't mean to piss anybody off. Am usually working on spreadsheets where I have to use caps. Didn't always worry about toggling back to lower case when piddling around this site. I'll try to watch my P's and Q's.

Appreciate the help. Have downloaded the program and will find the time to figure out how to use it. I've tried clearing the cache, but that doesn't always work. Am running XP Pro with IE 6. This might be my real problem. :?:
Fatso
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fatso »

If your problem doesnt end up fixed i had a similar trouble a while back i ended up haveing to play with the registery not fun really it took me a long time to find what to do i havent bookmarked the site that i got it from either but if you still have problems a google search might find you an answer also try there group search
Or inquisitor_uk may be able to help

Oh You might want to try Firefox for a browser

And no worries about the caps
just dont do it again lol :-)
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

Hello everyone *waves franticly*

ok, first off, Firefox GREAT browser, get it now. .... NOW!

ok, moving on, If you have managed to get hold of ACD Photo Canvas (v.3), then this is what you need to do to convert a image from one format to another.

1: start ACD photo canvis, and click on file ( pulldown menu at the top ) and then open.

2: Browse to the location of the image and highlight it. now press open.

3: Click on ADJUST pulldown menu, and then select COLOUR DEPTH. a sub menu will appear. Now select 256 colours.

4: Now click on FILE pulldown menu at the top and select SAVE AS

5: Pick a location on your harddrive where you want the new file to be saved at. DO NOT CLICK SAVE AT THIS TIME.

6: At the bottom of the SAVE IMAGE AS dialog screen, you have the option of changing the format of the image. choices are as follows :

BMP - JPG - GIF - IFF - LDF - LWF - PCX - PNG - PSD - RAS - RSB - SGI - TGA - TIFF

ANY image fomat listed above can be loaded into ACD Photo Canvis and converted into any other format listed above.

7: Choose the format you want your NEW image to be, and in the FILENAME area, give the image a name. THEN you can click SAVE.

Step 3 is optional, You only do that if you want to reduce file size. Changing an image to 256 colours will not degrade the image in anyway, but only uses 256 colours to "paint" the image you are manipulating. Usually, Images are saved in thousands of colours ( exaggerated ) and because of this, file sizes run into the megabytes. a converted 256 colour picture will take 3-500k.

Class dismissed!
Pantymad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Pantymad »

Fatso wrote:
Oh You might want to try Firefox for a browser

And no worries about the caps
just dont do it again lol :-)
Yer or Opera like I use........it's gooooood! :)

Love that last bit Fatso :) Reminds me of .......... "No problem take your time .....just hurry up about it" LOL. Good humour m8! ;)