COPYRIGHT?

Please Only Post Links To Movies
mikee

COPYRIGHT?

Post by mikee »

Is this not the case:
that the only person liable for breach of copyright is the person who subscribed to a commercial website, 'signed' the agreement not to publish anything that he/she might download from said site, but in fact breached that agreement, and did 'publish', on the internet, one or more of the files he/she had downloaded. Thereafter, anyone REPUBLISHING any of these files is NOT liable. The files, after the initial publishing on the internet, become in fact fair game for further republishing forever more?
Also, I have read so many times that there is no copyright on the internet unless, perhaps, it involves republishing FOR GAIN.
Can anyone comment on these points. Or raise other relevant points?
bigclitlover
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bigclitlover »

Your point of view is an interesting one but for those copyright holders it would take a lot of effort for procecuting everyone who has n't commit his self to the agreement.
Because they have to gather information from all uploaders and downloaders at all diverent servers and providers all over the world.
The easiest way for them is to make complanes to all the sites and forums who make access possible for everybody interresting.
I don t know if they have threaten Fatso with possible law sue's or not but I think they would make an legal point otherwise Fatso would nt be so afraid.
To bad because I never would spend a dime buying their stuff now.
A lot of posters would buy them for sharing so they loose these customers as well.
The situation for this moment for Fatso is not that easy, i think.
Fatso could go down by law or they could go down by lack of good postings.
I hope this site will survive but we will see what the future will bring.
Last edited by bigclitlover on Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A female opinion is what I want
mikee

Post by mikee »

Your point about 'making complaints' is interesting, because, maybe, that is all these copyright holders actually do. They merely THREATEN to do something. But never actually DO anything. (Since they CAN'T do anything??) OK, I'm maybe wrong here, but has anyone ever been actually legally carved up for posting so-called copyright material??
sgndave

Post by sgndave »

I am familiar only with US copyright law, and that's not how it works. US copyright law states that works of an author (creator, etc.) may not be copied or distributed by anyone without the author's consent, until the copyright expires after a specific time period (currently, the life of the author plus 70 years). This applies to all persons, regardless of where or when they obtain a copy of the author's work. Obtaining a copy from a third party (person, internet, or whatever) does not negate the original author's copyright, and does not suddenly make it legal for someone to make or distribute additional copies. All copies, from any source, are covered by the original author's copyright. Otherwise, the copyright law would be practically meaningless.

Another interesting and misunderstood point is that copyright automatically applies when the work is created. The author is not required to declare or file a copyright notice in order to have his works protected. Original works are automatically covered by copyright law when they are created.

Violation of copyright law is a punishable offense. The person who holds the copyright has the right to take legal action against the violator. In practice, it is entirely up to the copyright holder to make that decision. The point is, they can if they want to. All it takes is one call to lawyer to start the legal process and take the violator to court. You don't want to be in that position. The court will not accept "I found it on the internet" as an excuse for violating a federal law.
rocketman04
Pee Virgin
Pee Virgin

Post by rocketman04 »

bigclitlover wrote:Your point of view is an interesting one but for those copyright holders it would take a lot of effort for procecuting everyone who has n't commit his self to the agreement.
Because they have to gather information from all uploaders and downloaders at all diverent servers and providers all over the world.
The easiest way for them is to make complanes to all the sites and forums who make access possible for everybody interresting.
I don t know if they have threaten Fatso with possible law sue's or not but I think they would make an legal point otherwise Fatso would nt be so afraid.
To bad because I never would spend a dime buying their stuff now.
A lot of posters would buy them for sharing so they loose these customers as well.
The situation for this moment for Fatso is not that easy, i think.
Fatso could go down by law or they could go down by lack of good postings.
I hope this site will survive but we will see what the future will bring.
Ok Im not a lawyer but somethingabout all this smells like BS , this is a free website right the material i mean mostly the clips are posted by the people who come here, has any companies sent threatening emails to this website regarding material that is posted here ?
I mean there must be hundreds of file sharing sites and boards posting anything so why all of a sudden people are worried here about copyright. Anyway as it was mentioned the material is being posted by posters not the site owners, so whats the big deal.
bigclitlover
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bigclitlover »

It is all about publishing material with copyrightprotection without consent.
When they want to prosecute every single violation it would be allmost impossible and to expensive to do so.
They would maybe however put an example of demonstrating their power for lawsues without any consideration of the costs and claiming copyright fees.
This site is known by them and other sites as well as these sites now have pronounced not to post any files
of SG, Project pee and Sneaky pee.
There are sites who are domiciled in countries where copyright issues are not protected by law and politics as it is here.
These sites seems untouchable for them for now.
So Fatso is forced to do so and has no other option for now, I think, otherwise Fatso would ignore these complanes.
I regret that this is happening to us and many of us has maybe become a customer to one the copyright sites after
seeing some beautifull examples of what they can get access to.
But the complainers unfortunately don't see it that way.
Sgndave has a big point in what he says.
we have to wait and see but nobody is angious of having lawsues
A female opinion is what I want