Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
reilfetindim
Pee Virgin
Pee Virgin

Codec for Kizzie's posts

Post by reilfetindim »

I have had trouble getting Kizzie's turbo upload files to unzip and play. My default player is Windows media player. When I apply the PW and unzip or play the file, it tries to connect and then gives PROBLEM DOWNLOADING CODEC or similar error message. Then, it plays the AUDIO TRACK only of the movie. While it's rather pleasant to hear some of the stuff, the whole idea is to SEE it, right?

Anyone out there who can help without getting overly techinical on what I need to do...so I can capture these movies everyone is raving about before they are "gone forever"?

Thanks

Reilfetindim (JK)
reilfetindim
Pee Virgin
Pee Virgin

THANK YOU!

Post by reilfetindim »

Nothing like replying to my own message...but when I scrolled further down the forum page, I found M and inquisitor UK's eschange about a similar condition to what I had been having. I tried DivX, and it works just fine. Thanks to both of you for helping me before you even knew I had a problem. Talk about service!

reilf (JK)
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

if only I could make money this way... lol ;)
mpp
Good Poster
Good Poster

Post by mpp »

www.free-codecs.com

It looks like you need a missing required codec. Often, when you only get the audio track on a video file, that's because you need the DivX or Avi codec or something like that.