Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
nightsurfer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

JAPANESE CENSORS

Post by nightsurfer »

Does anybody know how to un-pixelate those japanese movies that censor out the naughty bits....I have quite a few censored vids also that I would like to see if I can undo what they have done so I can view them
I tried the old trick of screwing your eyes up and looking but there is a limit to how silly one wants to look when spanking the monkey :oops:
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

it depends on how the movie has been encoded. if it's layered there are ways of decoding the movie file, removing the layer, and re-encoding the file.

then again 99% of the time,

there are some that (when encoding) actually write the sensored area back into the actual movie, so the sensor and the actual picture are one and the same.

I will list some programs soon that may assist you. (need to go find them, so will add to this post tomorrow)
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

Appologies for not coming back to this post. I completely forgot about it to be honest, but I could not find the program I was looking for, and admit defeat on this one, but hopfully Loqi's information may be of some use to you. LOQI's answer to this (in a previous post) is as follows :

www.patches.org used to have the answer to your problem. There are two programes that I know of which I got from them years ago, one of which is called FLmask, and the other may have been flmask32. Try googling, but with caution, 'cos there are all sorts of nasties in this area.

Credit to Loqi for this information.
nightsurfer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by nightsurfer »

Thanks guys... work has interrupted my surfing schedule so I haven't been on much...I have checked out the sites and will download and have a go...you are right about spyware here..
I will let everyone know how I go if I can get it to work
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

"you are right about spyware here" what do you mean?