Not so Easy share

Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
piddler1
Good Poster
Good Poster

Post by piddler1 »

Taylor wrote:I did not alter anything so my assumption is that if you get that message, it isnt your browser or your system playing up, but Easyshare. It was very slow loading and maybe a way of either controlling the number of downloads they release in a set time or something similar. These are assumptions and so not concrete.
For what it is worth I use a Mac and the default browser is called Safari. I have had no issues withthe easyshare downloads until recently when their server appeared to be running a little slow. then when i tried to d/l the javascrpt not enabled message appeared. I am convinced that if it cant get the right response from your browser within a certain time then that is when the problem occurs. Later when the server was back up to speed all was well. I guess that as they're so popular they just have bandwidth issues sometimes.

Taylor - perhaps you can set up an easyshare sticky in the movies section to list the possible solutions to everones easyshare problems as individual posts are getting rather cluttered with easyshare stuff
regards
Piddler1
If you ain't living on the edge you're taking up too much space!
Taylor
Fatso's Moderator
Fatso's Moderator

Post by Taylor »

agreed Piddler. Good thinking :)
Thank The Swedish Hammer RIP-TSP
ron101

Post by ron101 »

Ive come to the conclusion that firefox works when your NOT connected thru a proxy server like NTLWORLD.COM i cant see anythink more for it ,does any one else have the same problem? ID LIKE TO HEAR.(im connected thu NTLWORTLD.COM)
armstrong

Post by armstrong »

Here's how to check if Javascript is enabled in Firefox:
up in the URL address bar, just enter about:config
Then scroll down thru a mass of stuff to find "javascript.enabled"
If the end of that row has "false", right-click the row, then select "toggle" which will change it to "true" to enable javascript.

I don't think problems are due to easy-sharing bandwidth.... I'm using IE6 and Firefox with ntl, and IE never works, Firefox always does. The difference is that I've told Firefox the address of the proxy ntl puts in the way. Maybe easy-sharing compares your declared IP with the one it detects, and won't play if they're different.

Hope you don't mind, but I'll just quote from my attempt to explain earlier what works for me:
You might not know your ISP routes you through a proxy: go to http://www.formyip.com/ and see. If there is a proxy address shown there, copy it into Firefox's Tools, Options, Connection Settings, Manual Proxy config, with Port as 80, 8080, 3128, whichever works. Then re-start Firefox.
Taylor
Fatso's Moderator
Fatso's Moderator

Post by Taylor »

Interesting. As I said, our conclusion was speculation. This seems to put a new perspective towards the argument. Thanks Armstrong for the heads up. :)
Thank The Swedish Hammer RIP-TSP
ron101

Post by ron101 »

Well so far so good im sure i tried that before and it was just the same ,i have done my usal reformat this week.Fortunatliy there was only one easy-sharing this time but it worked all the same.So good on you ARMSTRONG, Ill wait till i come across one and see.
ron101

Post by ron101 »

Well i just tried it and guess what .........it............failed.So it did it once and that was that AHHH WELL
Boo

Post by Boo »

Since kicking off this thread and continually encountering the same problems accessing what the majority of you have no problems accessing, I have since had major improvements downloading Opera as my browser.
I'n not techie enough to speak of increased download speeds security issues etc compared to Firefox Internet explore and so on. I'm jus' passing some feedback on something that seemingly works for me.
I would appreciate comments regards Opera from Taylor/Piddler Lucy et al who's past comments and posts have been of immense help.
In fact this is as good a place to recognise all the regular contributors efforts for who so many of us look for guidance.
(We hang on all you say)

Take a bow guys!
ron101

Post by ron101 »

GOOD holiday was it how it been.as you see ive strated another leads and look at the things ive done and still havent got any where.Somebody from easyshare got hold of me asked me a question or two during the week ,i had to send an email and im still waiting Ive been running on NTL own server address but still no good so we will see.Fortunately not many have used easyshare so it hasnt been too bag.Still you soon iv just thouhgt of a nother one