Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
zoom123
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Easy-Share and Sendmefile

Post by zoom123 »

Both Easy-Share and Sendmefile (posts by Kizzie) are inaccessible to me. Easy-Share gives HTTP 404 Not Found and Sendmefile goes through all the motions but when the download link appears I get 404 again.

I,ve tried turning Av, Firewall off to no avail.

My platform is 900Mhz P3, Windows XP, Norton Internet Security, AOL Broadband. I do'nt use a proxy ('cos I don't know how) or any accelerators.

I know a few others are having similar problems bus has anyone found a way round.

I don't have any trouble with Kizzie's posts using Turboupload like some others.

Heres Hoping

Zoom
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZERS
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa
Last edited by zoom123 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

The Web server returns the "HTTP 404 - File not found" error message when it cannot retrieve the page that was requested.

The following are some common causes of this error message:
• The requested file has been renamed.
• The requested file has been moved to another location and/or deleted.
• The requested file is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance, upgrades, or other unknown causes.
• The requested file does not exist.
• IIS 6.0: The appropriate Web service extension or MIME type is not enabled.
• A virtual directory is mapped to the root of a drive on another server.

As well as downloadable files (like in this case) the error can also mean HTTP FILES too. I.e - (a website is a htm/l file at the end of the day, and if that file is not there, the site will not show and a 404 message will appear)

so at the end of the day, the file is either not there anymore, been renamed and your link does not point to the correct location anymore, or when you were trying the link you were unlucky enough to do it at the time the server was down for maintance. try the link at different times of the day.

since zoom123's post *dated Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:32 pm* has ANYONE been able to get to these files?
zoom123
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Tks

Post by zoom123 »

Tks for replying Inquisitor.
Have tried almost any thing I can think of but same result every time.
Contacted Easy-Share but they have not replied (though answer promised in 24 Hrs).
________
Marijuana strain index
________
Vermont dispensary
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

I hope easy-share allows the content that kizzie puts on there, as if you have contacted them about this suspected fault, they are also going to look at what you're downloading, and will remove the content if its deemed unsuitable...

!!!!which will kill the link for everyone!!!!

I am sorry to say that there is little point me looking into this now, as they may change / delete the link altogether. You will have to wait to see what they say. sorry.
zoom123
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Easy-Share

Post by zoom123 »

I did not state any content to Easy-Share, only saying I could not download any files. I don't think they can trace anything I tried to access. Sincerely hope I haven't screwd anything up.
________
Growing marijuana
________
Chevrolet Blazer Specifications
zoom123
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

EasyShare

Post by zoom123 »

I'm thinking of giving up with Fatso's 'cos most post of any worth seem to be on EasyShare which is inaccessible to me (404 Not Found).

Any ideas out there??????

Zoom
________
Vaporizer Shop
________
Ferrari Tipo 500 History
justalurker
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by justalurker »

I´m using Firefox without any problems...

Try it...

lurker :shock:
zoom123
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Thanks

Post by zoom123 »

Thanks Lurker.
I downloaded FireFox and can now access Easy-Sharing.

Re: FireFox
Is there a way of downloading to a location other than Desktop? It's just a small nuisance to move files to my mobile external HDD (which is where I keep my movies).

Again Tks

Zoom
________
BUY AROMED VAPORIZER
________
A95
Last edited by zoom123 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taylor
Fatso's Moderator
Fatso's Moderator

Post by Taylor »

Try Downthemall. Its an Firefox extention that sits in your tools tab in your browser. When clicked it will list all the links on that page. One click and they are downloaded and you can specify what you download and where it downloads to.

http://downthemall.mozdev.org/
Thank The Swedish Hammer RIP-TSP
Lucy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Lucy »

Zoom,

For the earlier versions of Firefox:
At the bottom of the "Downloads" window in Firefox, you will see the words "Download to Desktop". The word "Desktop" is actually a button (even though it doesn't look like it). Just click on it and navigate to where you want the downloads to go.

For the newer versions of Firefox:
Click on Tools/options/downloads and nominate your download options there.

Be careful of Firefox extensions. Many of them have security issues. You should 'Google' them before you download them.
Taylor
Fatso's Moderator
Fatso's Moderator

Post by Taylor »

Lucy is correct tho, there are a lot of extentions that have security issues and a google search is advisable.
If you are just after a solution, Lucy's intructions are spot on.

This extention however is clean and in the top 3 downloads for Firefox :roll:
Thank The Swedish Hammer RIP-TSP
armstrong

Post by armstrong »

Easy-sharing: I've spent a long time trying to get that site to work, and here's my solution; might not solve other's problems though.
Their servers seem to know if you access the net via a proxy, and if you do, you have to declare its address in Firefox or whatever. No other site seems to need this.
You might not know your ISP routes you through a proxy: go to http://www.formyip.com/ and see. If there is a proxy address shown there, copy it into Firefox's Tools, Options, Connection Settings, Manual Proxy config, with Port as 80, 8080, 3128... whichever works. Then re-start Firefox.
Still no good? Download a list of free proxies and try one.... easy-sharing doesn't like some because java isn't enabled. That's beyond me...
As for TurboUpload, that really crawls.... is there a proxy server it likes talking to fast?
Boo

Big Thanx

Post by Boo »

I had similar problems accessing downloads with Yahoo getting error 404 etc. I downloaded Firefox and was up n' running straight away.
Big thanxs to all concerned. :D
ron101

Post by ron101 »

I did the firefox proxy thing it was great for 2 downloads of easy-sharing then it stopped and wont work any more, any ideas. THANKS by the way.They havnt got a download limit have they.Ive got NTLWORLD.COM so I now ive got a proxy
Boo

Big Thanx

Post by Boo »

Guess I spoke too soon. Like Ron, I got about two or three downloads from easy sharing since installing Firefox then nothing!
Now whenever I try accessing, I hit the link to download the page and it simply refreshes itself bringing back the same page with the same link. Friggin' things driving me crazy.
Again like Ron I'm running NTL. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?
I followed some earlier advice and tried accessing though Anonymous. When I try it that way I keep getting the same message that Javascript must be enabled, which I have done.
Wish to hell I could get to the bottom of this and view what the rest of you guys get to see.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated :cry: