Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
nightsurfer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Syyware

Post by nightsurfer »

Is anyone having trouble with spyware when accessing this site....I have never had anytrouble until lately and now it seems that everytime I come to fatso's..(...and unfortunately it is only here) I leave with a host of spyware..this also happens if I link from my email to my fatso messages????
I do run three spyware programs...and of course antivirus..but when I come into fatso's I see my icon/pointer thingy start to shimmer and sure enough that's a sign of the nasties..all comments/help welcome....
ALL NOTE I AM NOT HAVING A GO AT THE SITE OR SAYING THAT IT IS UP THE CRAP IN ANY WAY...I JUST HAVE A PROBLEM THAT I WONDER IF ANYONE SHARES....(A bit like tinea really) :lol:
Fatso
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fatso »

That is really strange we dont have any spyware being dropped from this site.
What is the spyware that you get ?
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

I can tell you now, that this site (thats the site itself, NOT the links that you are taken to in the forums) is spyware free, as I have many things that check all transmissions both in and out at the data packet level, and this is a site that does NOT attach spyware to it's workings.

believe me when I say that i would be one of the first people to inform fatso about this kinda thing if it was happening to me. the sourse isnt here. and just incase I am wrong, I have gone into every function of this site, and also mailed myself from here (by getting the site to mail me when a response is put with one of my existing posts)... not one of my scans found anything wrong with the data being sent out from here. this include's cookies, images, and hotlinks.

now, if you would like help in removing what spyware you have, or suggest a program that would cure your computer , and keep it safe for future attacks. PM me and I will be happy to help you.
Last edited by inquisitor_uk on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clansman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by clansman »

Strangely enough, I also experience a 'shaky' cursor when navigating about the site.

I have always (and still do) think that this is because of (perhaps):

1/ network speed
2/ my little CPU (one tick = 10ms)
3/ all the shite that I have not cleaned out of my OS

I honestly do not think that there anything to worry about on Fatso's site, but you *might* have attracted something from elsewhere - if so then ur installed software should sus this out.
nightsurfer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by nightsurfer »

Well thanks to all..like I said I didn't think it was the site so much etc..but anyway I have found some nasties lurking around...including CWS.searchx that I believed come from when a friend dowmloaded kazaa for me..had a whole host of problems with that...I also took the chance to clean out some of the crap that I have accumulated and things seem to be a lot better thanks to all for the reassurances etc...and your time..Inquisitor I will be in touch.. :)
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

no problem m8, I have sent you an eppic of a PM, that I hope to make into a movie this summer.. lol..
outlining: spyware scanners - virus scanners - browser takeover removal steps - software to replace the software that you are currently using - and tips for the future

if you (or infact anyone on this site) would like this information, please PM me.