odd forum link issue

Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
xstream

odd forum link issue

Post by xstream »

Hi Fatso, Taylor, M, Schweindl6,

When I type into google "fatsosplace.com" the link provided goes to bimbolinks.com. Is this intended, just curious why...?

thanks
All that glistens is good
Schweindl6
Fatso's Moderator
Fatso's Moderator

hmm

Post by Schweindl6 »

:roll: have tried it :cry: get really to bimbo :roll: no Idea why :roll: mayby an PC speciallist like Inquisitor knows it :cry: I´M only a user :oops:
To pee or not to pee, that`s the only question
Fatso
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fatso »

I get that too I will look into it thanks for the heads up
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

From a search engine point of view , what possibly might have happened is bimbolinks.com have put a load of existing sites names into their meta tags of their site. so when search engine spiders come along, they take all the meta keywords , and make an entry on the search engine so that when the key word is entered into the engine, it takes you to THEIR site.

This is NOT the search engines fault.

Meta tags:
are inserted at the top of all HTML webpages, and instruct search engine spiders to accociate words with their site. So that when people type in those key words into a search engine, that site actually appears in the listings.
Eg.. for Fatsosplace.com the meta tag could read : <meta>pee watersports fetish</meta>
this would make anyone who typed those words into a search engine, see this site in the listings.

Search Engine Spider:
This is an automated bot that basicly is sent out to the net to gather site names and meta tags, then it reports back to the search engine it's findings so that an entry onto the search engine can be made.

hope this helps.
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

DNS = Dynamic Name Server
a server that looksup the name you type in the URL box (www.blahhhh.com) into an actual Server IP address. The internet actually works of unique numbers called IP address's. but instead of having to remember strings of numbers to goto your favorite site, there is a server that looks up the IP of the domain you type in (DNS server) and then sends you over to it once it;s found it.

other then the post I made above, the only other thing I can think of is that they have put in a domain forwarding request on fatsosplace.com so that all links goto them. this would take up to 24 hours to achieve though as the DNS servers of ALL internet providers would have to be updated with the new location information.
smooot4

Post by smooot4 »

It might be because you have to type www.fatsosplace.com to land here. If you omit the "www.", you are redirected to bimbolinks.com.