Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
justalurker
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Soundproblem with DivX coded vids

Post by justalurker »

I have a problem with some DivX coded clips. If I play the vid sound isn`t synchronisized...

Anybody an idea how to solve this problem?

the helpless lurker :shock:
justalurker
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by justalurker »

I use VirtualDub to split the sound from the vid. Put the stuff together with Moviemaker and encode it with Dr. DivX...
There must be a easier way to do this!
Where are the PC-Freaks?!

lurker :shock:
Taylor
Fatso's Moderator
Fatso's Moderator

Post by Taylor »

Its a bug with Divx files but in the movies the video and audio samples may be far apart, so even though the sample times stamps are correct, the playback is out of sync.
Some of the audio codecs which have been used to encode the track, may not be supported by certain players! From past experience, I have found that the codecs are ther problem! When the movies is ripped, the wav audio confirmation is often not tested as this can be time consuming so the movie goes out out of sync.

Ok, this may or may not help. The virtualdub fix is what I would have done, but its very time consuming. In virtualdub do you set the video to direct streaming copy and set the audio delay under interleaving? Have you tried playing in different players? I find sometimes the dvd players work like power dvd.

A few suggestions.

try this http://www.divx-digest.com/software/synchronizer.html

if that doesnt work try this

1) Open DivX Operational Player and extract video(without sound) and audio .wav with BEGIN/END buttons.
2) Then open up GoldWave and select File>Open. Point to where you saved your .wav file in the previous step and under Files of Type select All Files. Open up the .wav file.
3) (a) If the audio is before the video: Go to Edit>Insert Silence and choose how many seconds you want to insert. The format is hours, minutes, seconds, and thousandths of a second.
(b) If the audio is after the video: Go to Edit>Marker>Set and choose how much time you want to delete. Keep your start marker time at 0 and change the End marker to whatever you want. The format is hours, minutes, seconds, and thousands of a second. Once you're done click Ok and then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
4) Now go to File>Save and change the filename to whatever you want. If it asks you anything just press Yes. Now close GoldWave.
5) Open your saved wav file with DivX Operational Player, and add it to Operational Wizard. Then add your video file. Press Mix Video With Audio

goldwave can be downloaded at http://www.goldwave.com/release.php#download

I havent tried either of these so its up to you if you want to do this.

I know of only one way to fix this problem and that is to separate audio to wav, and then combine that wav back to your movie. This separation forces audio channels to be fixed. Hope this helps in someway.

Let us know if you have any luck!
Thank The Swedish Hammer RIP-TSP
justalurker
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Thanks!

Post by justalurker »

Thanks a lot for information and links, Taylor!

I´ll give it a try...

lurker :shock: