Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
bully
Special Member
Special Member

amateri

Post by bully »

dear friends,

since a few days a have a problem with the amateri.cz site. if i click "save as" the pics name is "b.gif" instad of "numberofthepic.jpg". so i have to rename every single pic.

does anyone have a workaround or plugin for this problem? (i use firefox (latest version) and tested IE latest version with the same effect)

THX bully
O Happee Day...
lighthouse
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re Amateri

Post by lighthouse »

Hi bully,

Just been to Amateri after I saw your post to check it out. Downloaded a few pics, all came to me in jpg format.
The way I do it is to open the pic in its own tab then whilst it is loading, right click on it, from the menu choose
"view image." Then left click on it if it will enlarge. Then right click on it when its finished loading, choose "save image as."
Save it wherever you usually save your pics.
The only other thing I can think of is that somewhere along the lines one of your settings has gotten itself changed.

Hope this helps.
Fatso's Moderator

Post by watchr12 »

bully, thanks for bringing this up: I was going to ask the same question today. I was having the same problem with Firefox 3.0.6.

I just tried lighthouse's solution, and it seems to work.

Thanks, lighthouse!
bully
Special Member
Special Member

Post by bully »

thx, but its not working for me :(

i tried your way, but i cannot open it in a new tab and i cannot click the pic while it is loading (i have a fast connection, the pic load very fast...)

and if i´ll open the loaded pic a only can save the b.gif :(
O Happee Day...