Help ='(

Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
P_E_E

Help ='(

Post by P_E_E »

When I'm downloading files, especially .avi, I only hear the sound :(

And altough, sound is good, it's even better with the actual vids...

Isn't there anything I can do about this?

Thanks anyway,

P E E
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

This could be a codec issue, download the KaazaMega Codec Pack, then reboot, this should cure the issue. think of the movie file as a card device in your computer, this card needs a driver for the computer to know how to use it, in much the same way the computer also needs to know the codec that a movie file was created in, and if you dont have the correct codec , then the movie will not play correctly. the mega codec pack has many of the more common codecs used today and should have the one that you require for your movies. I dont know of a website that has the pack, as I soursed mine off of emule p2p client. but I am sure you'll find it somewhere.

cheers.
gardna
Good Poster
Good Poster

Post by gardna »

Here's one for you inquisitor. I download videos, can see the images but have no sound. No problem with the speakers, theres just no sound for video's, music, anything. Just seemed to happen all of a sudden. Virus maybe?
It's better to be pissed on than pissed off!
P_E_E

Post by P_E_E »

>_<

Gardna, don't hijack my topic...

Now I know the problem, I still have no idea where to find it.

Oh, and Gardna, I know that problem... I have that too that once in a while the boxes don't work... Just reboot and it should be fine, I think.
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

gardna, first play the movie on another PC / PSP or something to make sure there is sound encoded in the file in the firstplace.
P_E_E, download it from here : http://codecpack.nl/klcodec272f.exe

cheers
mpp
Good Poster
Good Poster

Post by mpp »

Gardna: Not all video found on the web have sound, but have you checked all your wiring and plugs between your computer and your speakers?. Maybe, the wires are not plugged in the right port?

P_E_E: Inquisitor_UK have already answered your question.