Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
sirgeepee
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

turbo upload

Post by sirgeepee »

apologies if this question has been raised and answered before.
can anyone help me access kizzies's posts on turbouload?
i get as far as starting my download, then 3kb in the process aborts saying internal server failure

i am on aol, but have tries IE as well , only to get same result

if the answer involves proxies, could you help a simple idiot understand how to use them?

SirG
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

before ripping into your computers settings and proxys, first determin if the link does work with other people. 99% of people believe that its their own computer when in fact the problem is where you are connecting to. you say that it states an internal server failure, and as the server is where you are getting the file from, chances are there is a fault is NOT with your own machine. There are many reasons that this fault have occoured, like loading on the server (many people asking for the same file at the same time), down for maintance(you requested the file while they took the server down for a reboot or something)...

What is the link in question? and are there others that are getting the same error with the same link?
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

in having a look arround, if you are refering to the post titled "There's Hope For Us All... " then the link works fine for me, and I can only determin that as I did not use a proxy for this download, that your firewall might not be allowing certin information to be sent to the server for the transfer.

to prove the point (DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK) disable your firewall and try the download again.
sirgeepee
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by sirgeepee »

many thanks
have tried disabling firewall and then trying for kizzie's alisson post on 10/01/06
using DAP
get to 12.5kb then message
"file download of (alison.zip) was not completed successfully. server has internal error"
back where i started. i would be gratfeul for any further suggestions.
inquisitor_uk
Special Member
Special Member

Post by inquisitor_uk »

500 Internal Server Error - The received certificate has expired. (-2146893016)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

is that the exact error? if so then its your browsers security level. try using firefox or IE (depending on which you are using, use the other)
sirgeepee
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by sirgeepee »

many thanks for your continued help, but no - the error message simply reads
"the file download of ... was not completed successfully. Server has internal error"

have tried aol, and IE so far.
will try firefox and report back

all further suggetsions very welcome from anyone who has faced and sorted similar problem with turboupload or any of kizzie's other posts
sirgeepee
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by sirgeepee »

inquisitor rules ok!

havr tried with firefox and all works well

many thanks for your attention and help

Sir G